Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fruit Salad

One of my favorite snacks to make and eat if fruit salad. So simple, so quick, so delicious. I am the type of person who prefers fruit over vegetables any day, and this little snack makes eating healthier slightly easier. Here's what you need to get started:


Ingredients:

4 cups of Mandarin Oranges (I buy pre-packaged)
2 handfuls of Grapes (purple or green...I go for whichever is sweeter at the moment)
1 Apple
2 Bananas
1 jar Maraschino Cherries
1 large jar Pineapple Juice


How to make fruit salad:

Pour the pineapple juice into a large bowl and let it sit patiently for the other ingredients. Then, drain the cherries and the oranges, rinse the grapes, and add to the large bowl of juice. If you like the orange syrup stuff the oranges are packaged in, by all means add it to the mix instead of rinsing and draining the oranges.



Now, slice the banana and apple into bit size pieces and add them as well.



Stir all the fruit together so you have a nice mixed fruit salad. 


Bright, colorful, delicious goodness. Makes 4 servings that I put in individual tupperware containers and refrigerate. And the best part? It's only 3 points if you are on Weight Watchers like me. I like to substitute my chips at lunch and have this instead. Gives you a serving of fruit and gets you on track to eating healthier. It's that easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment